Friday, May 31, 2013

delayed CSA start

I spoke too soon.

As difficult as it is to believe with this ridiculously hot weather, we've actually had a pretty cool/damp spring, with frost warnings in the Free Bird Farm area as late as last weekend, according to our lovely farmers. Since everything's growing a little behind schedule, our CSA has decided to push back the distribution by a week. I recall seeing something similar at the Madison farmer's market. Other than piles and piles of asparagus and morel mushrooms (apparently this is a very good year for morels), there was noticeably less variety than I would expect in farmer's market this close to June.

Of course, I'd love to see produce next week, but one week delay isn't a big deal. I just hope we don't run into drought or flood issues this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment